Kayaking Technique Forum

Find advice on all aspects of kayaking and using small boats on big water

It's called a Transponder
In Response To: Re: Open water safety ()

: I think you misread- I was asking if there is a device LIKE an epirb but that
: just sends a signal to make you show up on a radar.

Commercial & military aircraft have transponders that transmit a signal in response to a radar signal. Makes them more easily seen & gives data to air traffic control. Don't know if such a thing is available for shipping, much less compact enough to be useful to a kayak. I didn't see any such listing in the West Marine catalog.